ActionManager on mobile doesnt working at first click

Hello,

I found a problem in the mobile area.
When I have a scene and click on an element with the Chrome mobile emulator. The field in the ActionManager “meshUnderPointer” is undefined. But if I move the scene minimally, it gets the right mesh. If I want to select another one, I have to move the camera minimally to select the new mesh.

I have prepared a PG. (Babylon.js Playground)
Start PG, select the mobile emulator in Chrome and click on the ground > Console returns undefined in “meshUnderPointer”.
Turn the scene a bit and then click again. Mesh was found.

How can i fix it or need the framework a bugfix?

Thanks guys.

Hi bestog! Wow, no replies forever, here. Sorry.

I don’t think we have seen any reported issues with “failed first-pick” on any ACTUAL mobile devices, so we MIGHT be able to assume that the emulator is the cause.

I don’t have Chrome installed, but I guess I COULD install it. Bestog, do you remember which mobile device was being emulated… when the issue was seen?

Do you remember if you tested OTHER emulated mobile devices? Can you still? According to CME docs, you need to refresh webpage after device emulation mode is selected.

Has there been new versions of Chrome since February? Know? If so, was the new version tested for same issue? Maybe something was fixed at Chrome World Headquarters, by now? :slight_smile:

Sorry again, bestog. I don’t like seeing elderly 0-reply issues.

Other Chrome pilots… help us verify stuff, ok?

How to use Chrome mobile emulator:

1. Open Chrome’s developer tools with F12 .
  2. Click the ‘Toggle device toolbar’ button to turn Device Mode on or off. …
  3. (Optional) Select which mobile device you want to simulate with the ‘Viewport controls’.
  4. Refresh the webpage with device mode enabled to allow the mobile version to load.

Let’s see… IF camera orientation (projection matrix?) in Chrome Mobile Emulator (ChroMoE?) was not initialized properly, then… what? The first picking ray might be mis-aimed? hmm. shrug