Babylon at SIGGRAPH 2021

Hey!

I was wondering if there’s going to be any Babylon stuff at SIGGRAPH or if there are can’t miss sessions people here would recommend. This would be my first attendance, but since it’s virtual this year it seemed like a good opportunity to get this off my bucketlist :smiley:

@thomlucc :slight_smile:

Hey @Peter - We are part of the Khronos Working Groups on glTF and 3D Commerce (we always make sur to implement early the new extensions and standards to provide feedback to the WG) so I’d recommend to check out their Bird of a Feather (BOF) sessions: 2021 SIGGRAPH - The Khronos Group Inc.

3D Commerce: The art and business of using 3D models in retail at pervasive scale - Aug 10, 3pm-4:30pm PDT

The Web is 3D (this time for real). Business cases for creating and using 3D models for your web & mobile properties on all platforms are becoming promoted by many organizations. Attendees at this BOF will be shown in hands-on instruction how to do that using several standard modeling tools (e.g., Blender, Max, Maya) that all produce glTF output. Quality control will be addressed with Certified Viewers. All attendees will be provided reference material that includes modeling instruction, code resources, and contacts.

Hands on with glTF: Making 3D pervasive - Aug 12, 10am-11:30am PDT

Models in the glTF format are available from most online shops and tool chains. This BOF shows you through demos, hands-on instruction, demos, resources, demos, roadmaps and … did we mention demos? Attendees will see and learn many techniques to create models with the latest visual features using physically-based rendering. Attendees will also have the opportunity to get a sneak-peak and suggest capabilities for the glTF roadmap.

2 Likes

I didn’t know you were a part of the Khronos group on those topics, that’s good to know! Thank you for the recommendations :+1:

1 Like