Cant Start some Animations From Maya

Hi Guys!

We are having issues starting Animation Groups that come from Maya. The ones from Blender work just fine. This is especially true for Rotations.
The first thing I do is Print All Animations in the scene using:
console.log(this.scene.animationGroups);
All Animations show up just fine. All say:
_isStarted: false
Then I start the Animations calling them by their name. There are no Errors. I instantly print to the console again. All animations from Blender switch to
_isStarted: true
The Animations from Maya stay false and do not play. There are no Errors. They also still say:
_isStarted: false

We can’t figure this out. Is there anything that can help us Debug this thing??

Best regards!
poetoem

Hello,

Would be amazing if you could share a repro file ??? both maya and exported results.

I bet @Drigax will solve it in no time with those info.

Of course, sorry I had to talk to the Artist.
But funny Story: I first wanted to share the scene without textures, to keep filesize small. This fixes the problem actually!!!??!

Anyway, here are the files:
https://ln2.sync.com/dl/8aa8f6be0/jfzwmprv-u2ue577w-hapu2x9h-v65nrq37

Any help is much appreciated!

Anyone any ideas so far?
We would really appreciate some input.

Thank so much and best regards!

Pinging @Drigax again as he may have missed the first ping :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

@poetoem

I cannot seem to download the files from sync.com, I’m not sure if something is wrong with the link. Do you mind reuploading?

Hi @Drigax

Sure.
This time on Drive. I hope that one works better:

Thanks so much for looking into this!

Thanks, Loading into the sandbox, everything seems to play without issue:

The glb provided only has a single animation, and glTF doesn’t seem to have a concept of “Autoplay animations”, I’m not entirely sure what’s going on in your scene specifically.

Would you be able to provide a playground that reproduces the animations not playing when you try to start them?

Hi, thanks for looking into this.

Yes, I saw that too, that inside the sandbox everything is working fine, that’s what’s throwing us off.

I will try to recreate it in sandbox mode, but I won’t be able to do it this week.
I will ping you once I managed to do so.

Thanks so much!

1 Like