Circled black areas on polygons

Hi Guys,

I have a game with curved road, during moving by the road there is sometimes happens some weird effect(black circles you can see on attached screenshot). Also it happens not on all devices, currently I see it on Samsung Galaxy On7 Pro (Android Version: 6.0.1), the rest devices ios and PC have not this bug. What it can be? Here is track material settings

//track mesh material
this.trackMaterial = new BABYLON.StandardMaterial(“trackMaterial”, App.splay.scene)
this.trackMaterial.diffuseTexture = App.splay.loader.getTexture(App.prefix + “img/road_tex_r.jpg”)
this.trackMaterial.emissiveTexture = App.splay.loader.getTexture(App.prefix + “img/road_tex_r.jpg”)
this.trackMaterial.emissiveColor = new BABYLON.Color3(1, 1, 1)
this.trackMaterial.specularColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0, 0, 0)
this.trackMaterial.dissableLight = true

Thanks a lot for any help!

I would have said it is z fighting (two polygons at the exact same position), put the pattern would not be so regular I think…

Note that the dissableLight property does not exist, it is disableLighting instead.

1 Like

This might be related to a known issue on certain arm processor, could you try to force webgl1 ?

1 Like

What do you mean under force webgl1?
I fixed the issue by remove all light sources, and add disableLighting = true, to the track material. Now it works well.

Thanks!

when you create the engine, you can do new Engine(canvas, true, { disableWebGL2Support: true }) to enforce a WebGL1 code path.

1 Like

Thanks, disableLighting helped, even don’t know how I could to miss it, it was so stupid :sweat_smile:

Yea, I checked on double polygons twice, and there was not it, there is one polygon looking up, and one polygon looking down, I was sure that it is the reason of the bug but happened it is not the reason.

Thanks a lot!

Got it, I will try!