Dragons of the void

This is the first game I have worked on in babylonjs. I was impressed the new version supports modern typescript development and that is the main reason i chose it over other web technologies.

Myself and a few others are making an RPG game. We decided to use babylon to create the character equipment system while the rest of the app uses vue.js

We just put a babylon instance inside of a vue component, and it was pretty simple. Then we just position the main container with css. Its mostly a 2d game, but we wanted people to be able to customize their character in different ways. This character is from a unity asset store pack, which came with the source rig, and we exported it for babylonjs.

7 Likes

That looks really cool! Can’t wait to try it :slight_smile:

We just got dynamic equipment working, can now equip/unequip items from your inventory.
We have a main character mesh that loads in the main character via .gltf.
Then we load a .gltf file for each equipped item.

Basically dynamic equip/unequip, and players will be able to customize the hair/color of the main model.

3 Likes

Just keeping this updated. Babylon has worked great for our equipment system. We are working on two handed weapons now. Our strategy is to transform the bones depending on which weapon is equipped. For example for this sword we could have it execute a serious of transforms to tighten the grip around the sword. Has been working well so far!

Babylon should really document something about when you try to transform the bone, it gets overriden by the parent transformnode. This took us a while to figure out and feel like the bone shouldnt be overridden as default behavior.

We are thinking about doing 3d raid bosses next.
The game is more of an incremental clicker game, but with deeper rpg mechanics.
this is an example boss/raid, and you can fight with your friends etc…

We bought some custom art from the unity asset store and then had custom backgrounds done.
Here is the updated example from above. Fun fact is that the unity asset store license doesn’t appear to restrict using those assets in babylonjs, in fact there is even a custom unity exporter, that may be useful in the future.

6 Likes

This is very very very COOL!