No Small Magic is searching for a 3D real-time environmental artist to add to our design team. No Small Magic is the creator of Showboat, a web-based virtual event platform which brings people and teams together in new and exciting ways. We are looking for a 3D artist to help design new spaces and interaction modes, as well as facilitate environmental builds for our clients.
- Translate concept art and design ideas into environments
- Collaborate within the team to design and layout spaces
- Take direction from external design teams to realize client visions
- Assist in establishing pipelines for the best results in a given amount of time
- Create props, architecture, textures, and materials
- Layout levels from white-box through final set dressing and lighting
- Help set and maintain the high-quality bar of the studio
- Assist in estimating work scope for on-time milestone deliveries
- 2+ years of game development experience
- Experience with Unity or other game engines
- Advanced knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya, Blender, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance, and other 2d/3d tools
- Highly developed model/scene optimization skills
- Skilled in creating and understanding PBR materials
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting, and building believable spaces
- The ability to take and give constructive criticism and maintain a professional demeanor
- Must be highly self-motivated and have the ability to work well within a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Portfolio demonstrating strong proficiency as an Environment Artist
- This position will be remote, however candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Please message me or reply with your contact information if you are interested.