GLB model(AVATAR) is unable to cast shadow on the large scale model

Here are lightning and shadow setting

How can i solve this issue?

You should enable the “Display frustum” switch to see where the frustum of the light is in relation to the character: the character should be fully included in it.

You can also try using other filters and see if that makes the shadow appear.

If you have a direct link somewhere, we can try to dig a little deeper to find the reason why the shadows are not appearing.

You should enable the “Display frustum” switch to see where the frustum of the light is in relation to the character: the character should be fully included in it.

try using other filters

I have tried all the filters but unable to get results

If you have a direct link somewhere

I have live url of enviroment

You have a very big scene, a shadow generator is not suitable for such a large area, there’s not enough definition in the shadow map texture to encompass all the objects.

You should use a cascaded shadow generator (CSM) instead (see docs). Also, you have a very grazing light direction, making thin and long shadows which is more difficult to capture in the shadow map. You could try to make your light direction a bit more vertical.

I have tried using a CSM in your scene from the inspector:

You will have to tweak the parameters (see the right pane of the inspector in the screenshot for some directions). Also, make sure that you don’t add in the shadow caster list the objects that don’t cast shadows (sky, floor, etc).

3 Likes

Thank you for your help, @Evgeni_Popov. It is effective.