How do I access and change the thickness of TrailMesh?

There is ample documentation about how to construct a TrailMesh, but I’ve been unable to find any information about how to access the properties of a TrailMesh. I’ve checked the documentation, and there are a lot of properties, and I’ve sifted through them, looking for keywords like diameter, thickness, scale, size, sizing, scaling, but I’ve been unable to find anything that pertains to changing the thickness. What is the name of the property or method that I access so that I can change the thickness?

It is called “diameter” and it is only a parameter of the constructor. You can not change it after it as been constructed.

You can try changing _diameter and if that works, I could open it in the API for you ?

1 Like

Thanks for this suggestion! I indeed was able to change _diameter and that worked just fine. However, this heavily implies that this ability is not a supported one, so I might be reticent to use that :thinking:

This will make it public Make trailmesh diameter public by sebavan · Pull Request #13706 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub

Thanks for this! This should help a lot.