IES light profile support

Hi All,

It would be nice if the engine could support IES light profile so that we could add more realistic lighting in a scene. The current lighting feature are quite limited in some way.

Even Khronos group is considering adding an optional extension to the GLTF spec to support IES profile. https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF/pull/2200

Is there any other way to add some more advanced lighting alternatively if IES is not possible at the moment?

Lighting baking could be another option.

1 Like

We are planning on integrating the extension and are waiting on a more final choice around the format before getting into it :slight_smile:

Seems like its finalized now:

Threejs also supports IES lights for WebGPU (but the demo also seems to work with WebGL 2) but i think they don’t support the GLTF extension yet:

I am totally unsure it will ever become a KHR_ extension but I have to admit it would be great to have. Let me check with the group if they have any file we could rely on for testing during the development.

Hi,
There are some news about this topic?

Thank you!

Yup, I still want to do it as soon as I find time. If not anybody willing to contribute is more than welcome to :slight_smile: