My new ongoing project

Although I’m making slow progress on this project, I wanted to show off this new project in progress. My old projects was a lot about making a game editor. But now I’m starting to create an editable game using modules to create different types of games by adding/activating modules.

It’s a kind of CMS. Building a game becomes easier because it’s already done. just edit it to make your game from a base, rather than creating a game from scratch or using an editor.

So rather than making an editor to create a game, I made one editable game via modules/plugin/hooks. Other developers can thus create modules to develop their game or just edit the existing one.

Here are some pictures of the menu, profile… I don’t have much more to show at the moment, but I’ll show more later.

Login

Player Profile

Game options/settings menu

6 Likes

That’s a very cool idea! Not having to build something from scratch is great for my terrible game design skills :rofl:

1 Like

Nice! A CMS-like game builder really sounds like a bold project. I hope you will be able to make it through.
Now, admit you’ve just been quickly changing the background image before posting to match the space theme of the v5 launch :wink: :rocket: :space_invader:… while I’m still wondering how I can possibly make anything in such a short time :thinking: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Basically, it’s been 2 years that I use this image in the background. However I am not making a spatial type game. The planet represents the big world in which we land.
Basically, the login : we are in space, then when we are connected we see the planet, then when we go to play, we land on the earth of this planet. (that means that for future evolution of the game, I imagine being able to choose the planet we want to land)

I grant you that it is an ambitious project. A long job. But I will get there thanks to all my past experience.

So you’re just lucky. May be a good time to play the lottery :wink:

Oh no because the money don’t want me. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like