SceneLoaderProgressEvent documentation

Hi,

I’ve been trying to find the documentation for the SceneLoaderProgressEvent, which is passed into the onProgress callback in the following method SceneLoader - Babylon.js Documentation but i can’t seem to find it. It’s also been linked here Create a custom loading screen - Babylon.js Documentation at the very bottom in the " Getting File Loading Rate" section but the link seems to be outdated. Could you show me where the documentation is? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi,

What exactly do you need?

The interface’s code structure is this:

/**
 * Interface used to represent data loading progression
 */
export interface ISceneLoaderProgressEvent {
    /**
     * Defines if data length to load can be evaluated
     */
    readonly lengthComputable: boolean;

/**
     * Defines the loaded data length
     */
    readonly loaded: number;

/**
     * Defines the data length to load
     */
    readonly total: number;
}

It is a POJO, passed to the onProgress function every time the progres can be updated.

Thanks for the reply,
I was wondering what’s the case where the length can’t be computed? Because as we can see here Create a custom loading screen - Babylon.js Documentation in the “Getting File Loading Rate” section, they’ve separated it into different cases and if the length isn’t computable they divide by (1024 * 1024) what’s the rational behind dividing exactly by 1024 * 1024?

1 Like

Depending on server/browsers, we sometimes even more in older browsers, are not getting any data helping us with the computation.

1 Like

I understand, thanks for the reply. Do you have any clue as to why the example uses 1024 * 1024?

1 Like

Bytes to Mega Bytes conversion :slight_smile: I guess.

2 Likes