SceneLoaderProgressEvent documentation

Hi,

I’ve been trying to find the documentation for the SceneLoaderProgressEvent, which is passed into the onProgress callback in the following method SceneLoader - Babylon.js Documentation but i can’t seem to find it. It’s also been linked here Create a custom loading screen - Babylon.js Documentation at the very bottom in the " Getting File Loading Rate" section but the link seems to be outdated. Could you show me where the documentation is? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

What exactly do you need?

The interface’s code structure is this:

/**
 * Interface used to represent data loading progression
 */
export interface ISceneLoaderProgressEvent {
    /**
     * Defines if data length to load can be evaluated
     */
    readonly lengthComputable: boolean;

/**
     * Defines the loaded data length
     */
    readonly loaded: number;

/**
     * Defines the data length to load
     */
    readonly total: number;
}

It is a POJO, passed to the onProgress function every time the progres can be updated.

Thanks for the reply,
I was wondering what’s the case where the length can’t be computed? Because as we can see here Create a custom loading screen - Babylon.js Documentation in the “Getting File Loading Rate” section, they’ve separated it into different cases and if the length isn’t computable they divide by (1024 * 1024) what’s the rational behind dividing exactly by 1024 * 1024?

Depending on server/browsers, we sometimes even more in older browsers, are not getting any data helping us with the computation.

I understand, thanks for the reply. Do you have any clue as to why the example uses 1024 * 1024?

Bytes to Mega Bytes conversion :slight_smile: I guess.

1 Like