Support for WebGPUEngine: Register View in Abstract Engine Missing

Hi,

I have query on Abstract engine registerview method. I am using BabylonJs Version 7.5.0.

I’ve encountered this issue while attempting to utilize the WebGPUEngine in my project.

Specifically, it appears that the Babylon.js Abstract Engine does not provide a definition for registerView, nor does the WebGPUEngine. This absence is causing some hurdles in my implementation.

Here are the steps I’ve taken so far:

1. Imported Babylon.js and initialized the WebGPUEngine.
  2. Attempted to call registerView on the engine instance as part of my multi-view setup.

However, this resulted in an error indicating that registerView is not defined for the WebGPUEngine or the abstract engine from which it inherits.

To illustrate, here is a link to the engine extension registerView method implementation.

Could anyone provide guidance on how to properly work with registerView within the context of WebGPUEngine? Are there any workarounds or recommended practices for achieving multi-view rendering with WebGPU in Babylon.js?

Additionally, I would like to know if there are any plans to support this functionality in future releases of Babylon.js. Understanding the roadmap for WebGPU support would greatly help in planning our project timeline.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards!

Hello, lets add @Evgeni_Popov the brillant mind behind our WebGPU implementation but I can not remember if we support multiview in WebGPU

This PR will fix the problem:

1 Like