The problem of not showing images that have been loaded

2023-01-13 162726

As in the attached image, the phenomenon that some loaded images are not visible suddenly appears.
It worked normally, and there was no modification of the source code.

The background image for stages 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 with only numbers visible must be one of the square images for stages 6, 12, and 13.

It is in a grid-aligned state within a scroll.
Thanks for reading.

I’m afraid we won’t be able to help much without some kind of repro somewhere (preferably in the Playground if possible)…

Does it always happen? Is it always pictures 7-11 that are missing? Did you look at the console log in case there are some error messages that popped up? Is it on desktop / mobile?

1 Like

Thank you for answer Evgeni_Popov.
Even if you simply put the image in the grid repeatedly in the Playground, it is not reproduced. It seems to appear in the complex environment of real game development.

It always happens, but not always only stages 7-11 are gone. Sometimes it is visible and it is random with no rules at all.
One thing is for sure, the images in question were all resources reused in multiple scenes.
The error message does not appear on the console, and it appears the same on mobile, PC, chrome-based browsers, and ios safari.

There was no particular modification, but one day it suddenly appeared and I was very embarrassed. At first, I suspected it was because of the update of the Chrome browser, but it also appears in common with other browsers that do not use the Chromium engine.

Hello! Last month we’ve commited some fixes to loading the same image multiple times: Fix GUI Image caching to consider images that have been created but n… by carolhmj · Pull Request #13440 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com). Do you still see the same error in recent versions?