Travail du bois

Hello,

As some know I work with wood. I had to stop because I didn’t have a workshop at my disposal and it lasted for many years.
I started carpentry around 14 years old and did a 3 year training in cabinetmaking In the largest boarding school in France (Château des Vaux) from 15 to 18 years old. I am now 44 years old.

I have restored a house completely since then of A à Z. It’s been 12 years now and I managed to redevelop a small workshop of 25 m² (Still small for my taste, but we do with what we have)

Carpentry is my first passion, then comes programming.

Here are some little things I did.
I don’t have a photo of my workshop yet. But as soon as I have one I will present it. I have to tidy up the bazaars first. :grin:

Butcher block

Puzzle box :

Living room table

Updated :

A birdhouse made with a child of 11 year

A mallet and Tool cabinet

Shelf and Christmas tree

17 Likes

Yes, I know, I also have a box of Kapla in Chestnut wood that I made for my daughter.

1 Like

Love it! This is so cool!

1 Like

@Dad72 : My favorite - the puzzle box :smile:

Like you, my son-in-law likes carpentry. I have a chess board and a cheese board from him. He has a two car garage - which his cars never go inside. Just filled with saws and planers and routers.

Your children and grand children will enjoy them :smile:

Say Safe, gryff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Gryff.

1 Like

Love it and what a pretty kitty.

1 Like

Yes the cat, he’s a Siamese. People had thrown it in a trash can on the highway. We saved him, healed him, and he’s healthy now.

1 Like

New little project that I just finished. A designer wooden stool in : ash, chestnut and elm on the seat.
Assembled by mortise tenon and triple straddle/fork. Everything is oiled for the finish.

This stool is for my workshop. Soon I am embarking on the design of a workbench in Beech. I’ll show a photo when it’s finished.

4 Likes

Woot! this is quite impressive! well done!

1 Like

Updated my living room table with an marquetry on it:

3 Likes

Back to the source! We need it for the Digital as well.
There are so many artists out there crafting wood, stone or metal in their backyard or garage.
Let us just give credit to all these ‘free minds’. We need you guys; yours are the pillars of culture and art.

2 Likes

No, I have never created a musical instrument. Maybe one day…

Currently I am making a Roubo (see here) style workbench all in beech and a bit of elm with a Maidservant of workshop (big project ). I will show a photo soon. The workbench is almost finished and I am starting the Maidservant of workshop at the moment.

2 Likes

Hello,

Some news of wood projects. I recently had an order for a table with a sliding step to put a dog crate. Here is the result :

I had spoken that I would also show a photo of my new beech workbench, it is almost finished. I was missing the screw for the press which took a long time to receive (I received it recently; but not yet installed) I also have a small tote to put on the side and the tray below.
But in the meantime, here’s what the almost finished workbench looks like. I’ll show you the final result when it’s all over.

5 Likes