Two Minutes of Hate

With all the political disputes and aggravation going on around the world, I was put in mind of an old film recording (1954) of George Orwell’s 1984. So I created a scene from that film - the “Two Minutes Of Hate” scene.

Two Minutes Of Hate

Click the button to start, then click on the screen, as each piece of audio ends, to move through the dialog. You might have to move the ArcRotate camera a little, as it may not click on the screen properly when you are directly behind the characters.

It is a WIP, as I would like to add another character - the head of the “Thought Police”.

The original recorded play is here 1984. The actor playing Winston Smith is Peter Cushing who would become a screen legend for his Hammer Horror movies. O’Brien of the Thought Police is played y Andre Morell. Years later they would work together again as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. Another actor in the movie is Donald Pleasence who would in 1967 play the arch-villain ,Ernst Blofeld in the last Sean Connery James Bond Film .

It was actually performed live twice on BBC television and the screenplay was written by Nigel Kneale who would become well known for his series of plays about Professor Quatermass which as a young kid scared the life out of me!!

Stay Safe, gryff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Classic will never be outdated. :slight_smile:

Well, I was not obliged to act a part, but it was impossible to avoid clicking the link.

Your update of 1984 is probably a little too current for some. I would have made it about something obsurd. Maybe cupcakes cause global warming.

1984 could get away with it, because it was set far into the future.