WebXR - Teleport on trigger release

Hello! Here again with a VR question.

Right now, I’m experimenting with the different teleport options. When forcing to “useMainComponentOnly”, ergo, using the trigger to teleport. Is there a way to set it up to teleport when the user releases the trigger and not after a specific amount of time?

My perfect scenario would be to both support the analog (rotate view, step back and teleport) and trigger (teleport only) simultaneously, to make it as easy as possible for the user to grasp how to navigate through the environment.

Thanks in regards!

Hi!

Great to know you are experimenting with it :slight_smile:

At the moment it is programmed to be triggered by a timeout, but what you are asking can be a feature in future releases. Want to submit a feature request on github?

1 Like

Sure, that sounds like a good thing to do.
Is there a workaround I could potentially use for now? E.g. adding a listener to the trigger release or something in those lines?

Thanks for the answer :smiley:

1 Like

We are usually very dynamic when it comes to these kind of features, but in this case - it will be relatively hard to achieve. There is a timer that starts when the main component is triggered, and it is cancellable when the button is not pressed.
The main issue is that the actual teleportation function is private and you can’t really trigger it on your own. So even if you remove the observers that are added and manage to cancel the timer you won’t be able to teleport yourself…

Alright, thanks for the help anyway. Very appreciated :smiley:

1 Like