Windows 10 - a strange event

Last night a little window popped up in the right lower corner of my screen telling me that my Windows !0 was out of date and I needed to load a “new version”.

Can @Deltakosh or the gentlemen at Microsoft tell me if this is legit and not some virus? My AVAST antivirus detects nothing.

And will this new version take me back to that Windows 10 interface? My computer is set up to look like a Windows 7 interface.

Stay Safe All, gryff :slight_smile:

Try seeing what it says from

• Start menu
  • Settings
  • Update & Security

You should get “You’re [not] up to date” & a last date checked. There is also a button to check right there. The notion of a virus does not always encompass something which does not do anything until the mark clicks on it.

1 Like

Did that last night too. It tells me it is ready to do the install when I say so. It is not the usual way for getting my Windows 10 updated. That is why I asked. Was hoping @Deltakosh could tell me what is going on.

Stay Safe, gryff :slight_smile:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/some-versions-of-windows-10-display-a-notification-to-install-the-latest-version-57f35816-2e6f-1718-4a1e-529aa5cc53de

1 Like