MapBox GL to BABYLON Camera Projection

all good as long as it is in the doc so searchable

@sharp this is an old post but I’m curious if this project and dedicated layer technique were posted somewhere finally? It would be awesome.

Hi @tibotiber, my integration was never fully completed + Mapbox switched to an non-OSS license in December 2020 so if I had to do it again I will probably have a look at maplibre. They already have a working example : Add a 3D model with babylon.js - MapLibre GL JS

Not every framework are backward compatible like babylonJS :yum: so maybe the API has changed since idk. Did you tried to put your mapbox key in the examples ? Maybe it’s still working !

Thanks for the update @sharp! I’ve managed to integrate finally, a quick video of what I’ve built over the last 3 days is available here: Map & portfolio view, for anyone curious :slight_smile: — BJS powers the facade mode through glTF. The core integration was pretty straight forward putting the different pieces from this thread together. Was there any major issue you were still facing? Or just didn’t get to clean the code?

Nice !!! Everything related to the camera position won’t work (billboard, env textures, particles system etc.) because we force the freezeProjectionMatrix but we don’t know the viewMatrix.

Oh I got you! Yes, it’s probably still not solved I believe. Just that my app do not require for these things to the solved.