Babylonjs typescript project setup

Hi, Apologize in advance if this is a pretty basic question; I am starting on a new babylonjs project (hopefully something that will become something complex); in the past I created some basic projects using babylon js with jquery.

For my current project, I have decided to use typescript but I am not convinced if I should be using it with react (since I feel its an overkill). Can you guys share with me what your project setup’s are like?; any pointers would be helpful.

@RaananW did an amazing project to bootstrap your app here: GitHub - RaananW/babylonjs-webpack-es6: Babylon.js basic scene with typescript, webpack, es6 modules, editorconfig, eslint, hot loading and more. Will even make coffee if you ask nicely.

1 Like

Many thanks for this; I like your project since its very clean.
My current effort was towards setting up ; babylonjs with typescript using react and mobx; while writing the api’s is .Net core. Do you think its overly complicated (I realize its a personal preference, but dont want to find out a pitfall one month later :)).

About react @brianzinn can help on this part :slight_smile:

Is there a reason you don’t want to go with Create React App with typescript template? It has a large support base and has good tooling, so you don’t need to eject if you have some custom webpack. For the API in .NET that part has tonnes of good options.

.net still has a “dotnet new” for react, which last time I checked (3 years ago) it does SSR (good for SEO) and integration to a .NET API. The “dotnet new” team at one point was limited - they kept React, but dropped support for some of their templates on 2.1 (react + redux, Aurelia, Vue.js and Knockout) – Not sure how it stands now, but wanted to let you know about it.
Here is a repo I made (and archived):

I put in a couple of tips that can save you some time – like some file extensions ie: “.fx” (shaders) require web server mime-type registrations - and there’s other tricks in there. I had it running on Azure for a game - it’s till running but I haven’t had time to update :slight_smile: Interested to hear how you go.

3 Likes

Many many thanks for this; this is going to be my starting project :); I will start working on this and let you know the link once I have it up for display.

Thanks again.