Blender 6.0 exporter for Blender 2.80

I do not understand the “automatic” part. I did not change anything.

I am just starting to work on the MH Blender plugin today. I refreshed my repo with changes from others, did the install of the plug-in & enabled it. Now that the vertical tabs are removed from down the side, I cannot for the life of me figure out where it is. Blender 2.80 can be frustrating.

Found it. The vertical tabs are now on the other side

2 Likes

@JCPalmer wrote:

Blender 2.80 can be frustrating.

Yes Jeff. I still can’t stop myself “right clicking” for selection :unamused:

Type N - to bring up the tabs on the right side to get the MHX stuff.

cheers, gryff :slight_smile:

Ahh I see you found it!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For @JCPalmer : Here is an image from Blender 2.80 of the result from import of an mhx2 file from MH - has all the clothes (colored R,B,G), the armature and the origin for all objects at 0,0,0.

The white mesh is what I get with the networking/link only the body mesh bits, which are not in the same place as the mhx2 import though the origin is still 0,0,0. Note no armature or clothes.

No idea if that helps you Jeff

WARNING: The following object (type - GPENCIL) is not currently exportable thus ignored: Stroke

Is the Grease Pencil support coming soon? Any workaround for now?

The exporter writes mesh faces. I am not aware that a grease pencil has a corresponding structure in the BJS framework.

New Blender user here.
I managed to install the exporter.

But i cant find the settings panel.?

1 Like

The Properties panel is this one:

Here it shows the World tab (red planet icon), but you have also settings in the Object Data tab (green triangle icon) for example.

3 Likes

@Vinc3r : Ooo, it looks like there is now a colored theme for the tools!!

What version Vinc3r?

cheers, gryff :slight_smile: .

Last one, from yesterday Blender Experimental Builds - blender.org :wink:

That is the main custom properties panel on the “World” tab. Also custom properties for each mesh, material, light, & camera. The tab is the same, tooltipped “Object Data”, but the Icon changes based on type.

1 Like

Thanks!

I have tried the built in gltf exporter in blender and this plugin . But I cannot get armature animations (skeletons) to play . Does anyone have a simple index.html that loads up a gltf or .babylon or .glb file and plays a skeleton animation? Could you upload a zip to this thread?

Here is my example which plays fine in the babylon playground (glb) - blender_simple_armature.zip (145.9 KB)

I figured it out. (how to play blender skeleton animations)
The solution is here -

1 Like

I get this error when exporting from blender 2.80 using exporter 6.0.12
ERROR: ‘Context’ object has no attribute ‘depsgraph’

What could be wrong here?
This is in the step of multimaterial processing. File where the error comes from:
/blender/2.80/scripts/addons/babylon_js/mesh.py", line 170, in init
mesh = bpyMesh.to_mesh(bpy.context.depsgraph, True)

@gparvind : See this thread and you will see that same error:

Exporter for Blender 2.80

Then get the latest exporter from @JCPalmer - the link is in that thread. But that is likely to be changing soon too.

Thanks. That worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just tried it and I get the error:
ERROR: ‘BJSMaterial’ object has no attribute ‘materialNameSpace’

Here the full log:

materialNameSpace was removed for 6.1. I searched the entire source, it is missing.

When you upgrade, always restart Blender. Also, this is an old topic & also very long. It is better for future searchers to have short topics.

@Deltakosh, please close this one.