Collider not colliding in cannon playground

Hello,

I’m starting to try out physic enabled scenes, and I picked cannon for this. But when I tried it out on a playground, part of the mesh seemed to fall through the ground.

What bugs me is that this playground comes from the documentation. Specifically, the one called “Loading A Mesh And Colliders From A File” at this anchor :

This playground from the documentation works just fine, but it’s using AmmoJS instead of Cannon. So I swapped to cannon and suddenly the mesh goes through the ground.

Here is the modified playground with the bugged collider. The only difference should be there is an ArcRotateCamera for easier navigation and CannonJS plugin instead of AmmoJS.

Any idea what causes this ? Is this expected behaviour ?

Let me take a look.

1 Like

PR with a fix here : Fix compounds with CannonJS by CedricGuillemet · Pull Request #10724 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub

Hi ! Thanks for taking a look at this. I’m glad it wasn’t a stupid mistake on my side.

I’m still new to the community contribution business. So what does usually happen on a PR, once it has been approved ? I guess there’s a given delay until the merge, and/or another delay until the next build of the alpha npm version ?

Yup usually will be available on the playground the day it is merged when we are doing a nightly, and will be included in the next npm release, usually between a week and a couple weeks after. I can speed the process up if required ?

Nice, that’s good to know !

No it’s fine, I’m not in a hurry and was mostly just curious about this issue. Thanks a lot though !

5.0.0-alpha.35 will be up in 30 min