Create babylon dom html content marker

Hello is there a possibility to create a marker on image/video on a 360 dome , but not as a babylon GUI image inside a canvas but as a html marker (div) similar to panoskin or pannellum libraries, that it would show div in the inspector? Thanks.

Do you mean you need navigation markers like at panoskin?

Could you clarify this a bit more?

Hello @Paul_Ksi checking in, do you still need any help? Can you detail a bit more what you want? Pictures and a sample playground would be helpful.

https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#14KRGG#491 that`s the playground i found on GUI hotspots, basically what i need is a regular html div attached to it so can modify through css etc, thanks

1 Like

Hello! Apologies for the delay in responding. There isn’t a way to attach a regular div to a GUI element, because the GUI is not a regular html node, it is drawn on a canvas. If you really want to style using HTML and CSS, one option would be to rasterize it to the canvas using something like rasterizeHTML.js by cburgmer, and using this canvas as an Dynamic Textures | Babylon.js Documentation (babylonjs.com). But really, the simplest option would be just to use the Babylon.js GUI.

Hello @Paul_Ksi just checking in, was your question answered?

Hello, thanks for the reply! commenting on your answer -
But really, the simplest option would be just to use the Babylon.js GUI.
Imo something like easy manipulation of html elements in space should be included in babylon js release at some point, you must easily mainipulate in this case hotspots with plain css, espeacially when there are so many resources for making css animations and etc, and almost every js library for making 360 photo / video players has this, sorry but only canvas elements is just not an option for these things. I will try all the solutions you mentioned, thank you!