HolographicSlate example?

Docs here: Babylon 3D GUI | Babylon.js Documentation

“The HolographicSlate is the go-to 3D widget to display content. It can be dragged around, rotated and scaled. With 1 pointer you have to use the handles to rotate and scale the slate, with 2 pointers you can pinch and twist the title bar to rotate and scale.”

If it’s the “go-to” widget, can anyone point to an example of it? I can’t find one in the docs, here, or on Google.

Hi! Tried setting up a simple example here: HolographicSlateFinal | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com) will add to the docs later.

1 Like

Have added to the docs also: Update holographic button docs by carolhmj · Pull Request #437 · BabylonJS/Documentation (github.com)

1 Like

Just a heads-up to anyone who might want to know about this: I was looking around for an example of how to use the HolographicSlate and found this:

and the example here:

At least for me, this example doesn’t work. I don’t see the slate and can’t seem to pan out to go looking for it either.

Also the example linked here in this post,

shows runtime errors for me.

There’s a more up to date example of slate here: HolographicSlateFinal | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)

The first example you linked doesn’t have a slate on it.

1 Like