How to contribute to the babylon editor

It’s hard to run the babylonjs editor source code,i spend two days without any gain,can you provide a official document to introduce that ? please…

Could you share what exactly goes wrong ?

Tagging @julien-moreau the editor daddy

npm install
npm WARN read-shrinkwrap This version of npm is compatible with lockfileVersion@1, but package-lock.json was generated for lockfileVersion@2. I’ll try to do my best with it!

> babylonjs-editor@4.7.0 postinstall D:\learn\test\Editor
> electron-rebuild && electron-builder install-app-deps && cd module && npm i && cd …/sample-plugin && npm i && cd …/website && npm i && cd …/webpack-extension && npm i && cd …

:heavy_multiplication_x: Rebuild Failed

An unhandled error occurred inside electron-rebuild
node-gyp failed to rebuild ‘D:\learn\test\Editor\node_modules\node-pty’.
For more information, rerun with the DEBUG environment variable set to “electron-rebuild”.

Error: Could not find any Python installation to use

npm:14.0.0
npm:6.14

I don’t know why, when i execute pyhon -V ,it did shows that python’s version is 2.7.17,perhaps the problem occurred during my installation of Windows build tools

Try to install node-pty separately and check if error will be same

1 Like

It worked! There are no words to express my excitement. Thank you so much, my friend.

1 Like

Hey @shaderforever !

Sorry for the delay!
I think you didn’t installed all the required build-tools extensions, there is a lot and they are often updated. On my side I have all the C++ extensions installed maybe that’s why I never encounter your errors

1 Like