IAnimatible usage with GUI elements?

Hi guys, I want to animate my GUI, I found some examples here for animating UI but its a little round about, recently in version 5.28.0 this was added

• #11920: Implement IAnimatable on GUI controls

What does this do for animating UI? Do we have easier ways to animate GUI with this new feature, I searched the playground but cant find any examples of animated UI with this new method.

Does anyone have examples or a small write up about how to animate ui the correct way? |

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello! Yeah this is a very recent change so not many playgrounds with this feature, so I created this one: Animated Button example | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com). What the IAnimatable means is that you can now use the features of the Babylon animation system Animation | Babylon.js Documentation (babylonjs.com) with GUI controls.
This should also mean the Animation Curve Editor: ACE - The Animation Curve Editor | Babylon.js Documentation (babylonjs.com) which is a graphical tool to create and edit animations, but it seems we haven’t added yet the button to open ACE on the GUI elements, so I’ll look into this now.

2 Likes