Playing with GUI-2d Banner Buttons

Yeah. this is what I was dreaming-of. We’ll need this kind of airspace (and visualization) around Lake Babylon and its airport(s). Related to my older “vtol project” too.

Doncha love aviation? Flying is SO COOL… the heart of any “wingnut”.

Oh, yeah, the banners? https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#KHJ2SC#12 I’ve gotten SOME improvement to the lines/banner connect points (working with JohnK’s ribbon-based demo)… but not really very good. Probably not important.

Lake Babylon Founder’s Day is coming soon, and we have around 100 sponsors who want their clickable banners flown around Lake Babylon. We don’t have airspace established, or Jeppeson charts, or even a basic road/topo map of the Greater Lake Babylon town/areas. :slight_smile:

Didn’t this guy in the video… do a nice job of explaining airspace and using 3d modeling? Wouldn’t it be cool… if we could dynamically generate similar airspace models in webGL… for ANY Jeppeson chart (like that seen in the video) (and use the same layers/transparencies to “tour” them)?

Any Jeppeson chart… we can renderAirspaceIn3d()… then tour with the arcCam. Nice. Someone get that built, eh?

We’re on the road to automated aircraft landings… fixed-wing or rotary-wing. Safer… as air traffic increases. yuh yuh yuh. Yum. It all starts with fake map and a fake J-chart… or a fake town/area… Lake Babylon.

If anyone goes map-genning, remember the heli-pad(s) on the “island” in the center of actual Lake Babylon. It needs airspace for heli’s/drones/vtols, too. It’s ALSO a little airport… closed during laser/water-cannon shows, though… which are launched/performed from there. :slight_smile:

We prefer normal airport be on the west or northwest corner of the lake… away from actual town on the south side (noise abatement) and allowing an over-the-laike approach for airliners… headwind into the predominently west winds (landing onto westerly headings/runways). (city planners say this is the best system) :wink:

I’ve been having a little problem handling all the personal messages of high-interest… that I receive each hour… about this project. The forum-wide excitement and participatory spirit… has been truly overwhelming. heh. (a few mercy-pettings from friendly acquaintances) It’s all good.