SHHH! It's a secret! Babylon.js 5.0 Is Here Early!

So much awesome…

Great work team on getting this release shipped! Culmination of a lotta hard work and efforts of some very talented people, I can’t wait to see what people make with it!

3 Likes

We are also excited to be releasing the GUI Editor Beta to the community today! More info available in this thread: Introducing the GUI Editor Beta - Announcements - Babylon.js (babylonjs.com)

9 Likes

Sorry. Before looking at the forum head.

I found the release and tweeted it.
I have now deleted that tweet.

I will keep it a secret until that day.

6 Likes

LOL Don’t worry about it at all! Seriously, not a problem in the slightest!!!

Thanks in advance though for helping us spread the word! You rock! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this big secret release event is very exiting.

And I want to share this event to Japanese users, but it’s secret. How I should notice this surprise in Japan?

3 Likes

reserving space for my demo, coming in about a week or so.

Update: here is the announcement, and direct link to demo CG Textures library.

2 Likes

I have always thought a true framework should also have it’s own GUI. That’s why I’ve always supported the BJS GUI (despite for all its sins :wink:) I am so happy that yours haven’t given up but instead, worked on improving it. Rest assured I will be testing (and challenging :wink:) this editor shortly. Awesome work Guys and I’m so much looking forward to the release of v5 :rocket:

3 Likes

Full qul Mega Bravo.
:boom::sparkling_heart::heartbeat::hugs::muscle::brain::heartpulse::sparkles::star2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@PirateJC
HI,
Quick question about Babylon 5.0 release date. When I look it’s Babylon.js v5.0.0-rc.4
Am I missing something?
I downloaded the 5.0 zip. But same thing. it’s the Babylon.js v5.0.0-rc.4
Is this version released in advance?
By the way, there is no the “what’s new.md” in the preview release.
I know that there have been big changes lately on the repository and I’m sure I missed something.

cc @RaananW

1 Like

Hi Dad, do you mean from github?

@PirateJC says : Babylon.js 5.0 is here now!

Does that mean when I call “https://cdn.babylonjs.com/babylon.js” that I am getting Babylon 5 version? Or is this just for people using the “npm” methodology?

Stay Safe All, gryff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes @RaananW, that’s what I was trying to say. I’m not sure to find version 5.0 of babylon which is said to be out early.
I can only find the rc.4

Looks like it. Doesn’t make me very happy though. I still have my merged meshes problem on my latest demo and now just realized it shows in my preview. :slightly_frowning_face: Now, I’ll need to fix this fast :sweat:

@mawa : that is too bad. I guess I will have to use a playground if I want to meet @PirateJC 's conditions for submitting an example. .

Stay Safe All, gryff :slight_smile:

You can tweet or anything on 5/5 so you can help amplify the message :smiley:

2 Likes

cdn also moved to 5.0 :slight_smile: so party for everyone. THis is something I’m really eager to keep

babylonjs is for everyone, not just npm users

2 Likes

nope nope! CDN also moved to 5.0

1 Like

I will work on that at the beginning of next week. Didn’t forget that.

You can still use 4.2.1 for now until this is resolved.

1 Like

I’ll add the artefacts to the release in a sec :slight_smile:

1 Like