Xcloud on-screen web touch controls

I noticed in the Babylon 5 announcement video it was mentioned to have new touch screen controls. I have looked and haven’t been able to find anywhere else documenting this update. Anyone know where I can find more info on this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello! These controls were developed for the XCloud mobile app and added to the video as a showcase of an application made possible by Babylon.js, but they aren’t part of the library :smile: @sebavan was the one who built them, maybe he can talk a bit more about how he did it, if it’s possible? :grin:

This is basically mainly using sprites with a pinch of custom meshes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gotcha. No chance this gets added to the repo or at least a third party resource?

I don’t think so since it’s an internal project, but maybe this would be a good Golden Path @sebavan ?

The code is currently really specific to their usage and definitely not an all purposed touch control framework. The main reason is to be as efficient as possible by leveraging the current constraints.

I would suggest to simply use Babylon sprites on a second camera in Babylon to achieve a similar functionality and I will check with the team there if there would be a way to OSS the framework in the future.

1 Like