3D Charts library for babylon.js - preview images added

Sorry for the click bait. I wanted maximum attention :see_no_evil: I am starting to write a 3D charts library so if anyone interested and maybe you have some experience in the world of charts please join me :saluting_face: thanks!

1 Like

I’ve been working on a D3-style toolkit for Babylon called Anu.js. It is mostly low-level visualization code support, but it should make implementing higher-level Chart libraries much easier : ) This kind of stuff is my bread and butter. I wrote my dissertation on the subject of immersive analytics, so I’m happy to chat about it!

4 Likes

It’s started to happen :muscle:

@Deltakosh @mawa @labris

15 Likes

Interesting topic :slight_smile:

I think what will be important is the way you handle charts input data. To my mind the best would a single object data, like in the quite famous Chart.JS library.
I think you can inspire a lot from it :

• Data & Chart Types
    . Bar
    . Line
    . Donut
    . Pie
    . Polar
    . Radar
    . Scatter
    . 3D surface
    . etc…
  • Scale
  • Title
  • Subtitles
  • Legends
  • Tooltips
  • Animations
const config = {
  type: 'bar',
  data: data,
  options: {
    responsive: true,
    plugins: {
      legend: {
        position: 'top',
      },
      title: {
        display: true,
        text: 'Chart.js Bar Chart'
      }
    }
  },
};

etc, etc…

++
Tricotou

1 Like

Yep, it’s data driven. One JSON input file.

2 Likes

This is so good buddy!! Reminds me off a discussion 9yo d’about 3d charting. So cool to see it happening

1 Like

HTML5 Game Devs Forum - HTML5GameDevs.com, not too much, but at that time was :fire: :rofl:

1 Like

Oh gosh! Internet archeology

1 Like

Me reading this:
Im So Old GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

5 Likes

That’s amazing (once again :grin:). It nearly gives me the desire to return working for marketing excellence to create impacting charts with the sole purpose of transforming a mediocre result for a marketing operation into a potential success :sweat_smile:… ok, may be just ‘nearly’ :rofl:

1 Like

This is neat! :slight_smile:

Have a look at our heatmap layer in Smplrspace: https://timeheat.smplrspace.io. You can change the setting between sphere based, grid based, and bar chart when you click the settings button :). It’s automatically interpolated from sparse data, and mapped onto the walled area.

For context, we’re building a floor plan based data visualization tool, that works in both 2D and 3D, and is Babylon.js based (what else? :wink: ). The developer docs has a few other examples: https://docs.smplrspace.com/.

2 Likes