Add a "change page" in the documentation

Hi everyone,

I would be great to add a page in the beginning of the documentation with the new or modified subjects (and the date of course), especially for the new or deprecated functions in the API.

That’s all… :grin:

Boris

1 Like

cc @RaananW and @PirateJC

Hey @bvaisman,

Thanks for your suggestion.

To more clearly understand what you’re asking for: Are you hoping to easily see new and deprecated functions in the API? @RaananW can correct me if I’m wrong here, but I believe that you can access this information through the intellisense UI in the playground for now.

We can definitely chat about an automated doc pages that is synced to engine changes.

Yes, i think it would be great for the deprecated functions but also for all the news. Today, It is not very simple for a user to know all the functionnalities, especially the new ones.

For instance, a few weeks ago, new functionnalities appeared in the docs Goldberg Polyhedra | Babylon.js Documentation and i read it by chance.

Thanks anyway to the team for all you’re doing.

1 Like

You can see what’s new in the next version here:
Babylon.js/what’s new.md at master · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

It does state: Add Geodesic and Goldberg Polyhedra.

I have been quietly championing the use of @since decorators ( @since tag versioning - Questions - Babylon.js (babylonjs.com)). To be honest they are not that useful unless they are always used and perhaps as part of contribution guidelines. They can be used to generate docs for next and previous versions. It’s not really possible for regular users of the library to keep up with what’s new or what version it was introduced in, so that would be helpful if it was used everywhere. Here’s how it looks in the API docs - anybody reading the docs would then know it was not in 4.2:

You’ll see it’s used sporadically and not for the thing you were looking for :smile:
Babylon.js/polyhedronBuilder.ts at master · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

1 Like