I’m new to BabylonJS and interested in building a UI to animate a camera target along a spline, setting the camera orientation and distance relative to the target at key points along the spline and interpolating in between. I need a window showing the camera view as the target flys along the spline. One I’ve achieved this, I’d like to be able to set the velocity and acceleration of the camera target, and export the camera positions over a serial port or websocket.
I’ve done some research and looked at examples and realise there’s a lot I don’t know how to do!
I think I can do the first step and create a spline path and a ground plane for reference. I’m then unclear how to deal with the remaining tasks:
- Animate a target mesh along the spline path
- Pitch/Roll/Yaw the camera about the target at keypoints on the spline path
- Control the vel and acceleration of the target along the spline path
- Set the distance from the camera sensor to target
- Output the camera position data as a function of time
I’d welcome some pointers as to how to go about this. I’d also be happy to pay for some freelance work to speed up my efforts!