Babylon Editor animations

There is no create animation option in editor so i’ve downloaded meshes with animation from web, but it’s not working. Were this meshes bad or there isn’t possibility to import objects with animations to editor? Which extension should imported mesh have? Maybe can someone give me link to one example character mesh with animations so i would test it and understand how it work.

Welcome to the community !!!

A full repro would be awesome to help @julien-moreau the editor Daddy to troubleshoot.

1 Like

For sample models, I really like the GLTF repo, it has some character animation examples and it’s easy to use on the playground, for example: glTF-Sample-Models/2.0 at master · KhronosGroup/glTF-Sample-Models (github.com)

@carolhmj But need i to run example animations in script or it can be done in editor?

I was answering the second part of your question, about where to find example models with animations. But for editor stuff Julien would be the person to ask.

Hi @SZAFRAN ! Sorry for late !

If you are talking about this editor (http://editor.babylonjs.com/) then yes it handles animated models. Unfortunately there is no UI yet to list and play animations. Anyway, you can double-click the assets in the “Assets” panel and use the Babylon.JS Inspector (automatically opened in the new window) to control and play animations. See section “Examining the asset” here: Editor/0-adding-meshes.md at master · BabylonJS/Editor · GitHub

The only way to play animations in the Editor is to write and attach a custom script and manually write the code to play them. Then, just run the game: Editor/1-playing-scene.md at master · BabylonJS/Editor · GitHub

I’m adding the feature and will let you know once done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @SZAFRAN just checking in, were you able to import the models?