Babylon.js v4.0 IS OUT!

Hey…I wrote a doc to let you know how to get what you need:
https://doc.babylonjs.com/babylon101/how_to_get

2 Likes

i just want to leave a mark of how much i am grateful for babylonjs. 2 months back, I taught « just give it a try » for my project which was on top of three.js/sea3d but still only at beginning phase… I completely switched.

The features. The smooth workflow. THIS COMMUNITY.

The logo looks now awesome. And thank you for your amazing work. It enables mine.

4 Likes

Once upon a time there was
:steam_locomotive::railway_car: (version 1)
:train::railway_car::railway_car: (version 2)
:light_rail::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car: (version 3)
and now we travel with
:bullettrain_front::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car: :fire: (version 4)
Choo choo great work all!!! :partying_face:

6 Likes

@Deltakosh
On the new website, I feel like the community menu link should be a sub-menu with links to both Demos and Forum, no?

1 Like

It is an option yeah…wanna try to add it?

personally i just thought it odd there was only 1 forum link placed at the bottom of the page, some people will no doubt miss it,
i’ll make a PR if you’re ok with the change

1 Like

I am :D!!!

2 Likes

and Update site.json by aWeirdo · Pull Request #438 · BabylonJS/Website · GitHub

3 Likes

Great 3d framework!!! using it for couple of production class projects and it delivers!! The support is awesome!!!

3 Likes

'love the new graphic design.
Is the default playground clearColor shouldn’t be updated too?

3 Likes

Why not having a 3D version of the logo instead of the sphere? :smiley: would be nice!

If I well understand, @PatrickRyan will release soon the 3D model, and as soon as it will be availabled, I will update the meshes playground page :wink: Available Meshes to Import - Babylon.js Documentation

As for the default playground, I think we still have to keep a default mesh like the sphere, more convenient for quick & simple tests (logo would require default materials, default tweaks, etc, not great for testing).

[edit] BUT! could be fun to get an engine hardcoded logo vertexcolored mesh, available through BABYLON.MeshBuilder.CreateLogo, and also the new meshLibray shaderball :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Deltakosh,
I had previously got a custom version built from the site (downloaded as babylon.custom.js). Trying to see if I still can get that :slight_smile:.

Trying to avoid modifying a few projects.

Regards,
Balu

Is the versionBuilder still available? I don’t see any links about it even in How to get Babylon.js - Babylon.js Documentation

1 Like

Nope as I mentioned this was not something I wanted to keep as it is pretty dumb (just packing together .js files)

I added this doc to point you to where the real files are:
https://doc.babylonjs.com/babylon101/how_to_get

2 Likes

Congrats to the team and thanks to all contributors !

2 Likes

No words to describe my enthusiasm!! This is awesome!!

2 Likes