Introducing Babylon.js 4.2: Simplicity Reimagined

Today we are proud to introduce the latest evolution of the Babylon Platform, the amazingly simple Babylon.js 4.2 .

We are artists, developers, creators, and dreamers and we want to make it as simple as possible to enable everyone to bring their ideas to life. With this new version of Babylon.js, we set out to make it even easier to develop with. From a ton of new tools, to improved workflows and features, new documentation and more, it is our sincere hope that Babylon.js 4.2 will make your development process faster and easier while unlocking new simple ways to work.

Babylon.js 4.2 Release Blog Post

This amazing milestone would not be possible without this incredible community. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank each and every one of you for making Babylon.js what it is today. Together we are shaping the future of the web!

47 Likes

Superb! Huge!! Awesome release. Thanks to all involved.

Too much to comment on individually. I love it all! The Delta-K WebGL ā€œSodaā€ (looks more like whisky to me :wink: ) in the soft transparent shadows demo made me laugh out loud :laughing:

2 Likes

Totally got excited and thought Delta had his own whisky brand now XDā€¦ No lie I was gonna order it.

5 Likes

Super cool new resources!!!
Will help a lot!!!
Thanks all who be a part on this great tool!!!

2 Likes

Congrats all !
awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesooome :fire: :fire: :fire:
Congratulations, the doc and the new examples was a wonderful surprise.
About Delta-Kā€™s soda (or whisky) bottle I would like to have a ā€˜How was madeā€™ because to be honest this is one of the best rendering of a bottle on webgl from what I saw till now

1 Like

WOW. Iā€™m stunnedā€¦ twice :astonished:. Once from discovering some features I knew nothing about, after 10 months of creating my scene. And a second time, when I saw the new doc and the new com front-end contents. @PirateJC The new com and doc are simply perfect. It is (in my opinion) THE upgrade (and orientation) Babylon needed today to shine in the new Internet. It will take time to go through all this and Iā€™m currently focusing on the release of my own 4.2 demo (due November 21) but I think I will not be able to retain myself from trying to feature some more of these @Deltakosh Absolutely stunning new features (and I wonā€™t comment the bottle;) I have too much respect for your work) ! Time for you to celebrate :partying_face:, You guys rock:)) GJ

2 Likes

Raaahhh fabuleux, Ƨa surpoutre sa race comme jamais !!!

2 Likes

MDR. je kif le comment et en fr dans le texte. sur-bien :grinning:
La vƩritƩ, Bab 4.2 Ƨa atomise grave :boom:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Lots of exciting things here. I love the new docs.

2 Likes

Thank you guys. The new documentation is great!

3 Likes

@MarianG, the Delta-K soda was made by the incredibly talented @PatrickRyan with some super support from @Evgeni_Popov and @sebavan!

I bet @PatrickRyan would do a video on how it was made!

2 Likes

Congrats! Canā€™t wait to get new and fresh ideas on how to improve our existing 4D Piano: https://4denterprise.azurewebsites.net

2 Likes

Love the new documentation.

1 Like

Awesome Stuff :heart_eyes:

Question: Can you do techniques in BJS that you do within Blender? I ask that because I saw the bone being added the yetti mesh. Im feeling a little more comfortable working with BJS and that would be cool because Blender is so complex to me.

Hi Mekaboo!

Babylon.js and Blender are two different programs that revolve around the same space, that said they do have some overlap. Blender is a creation toolā€¦itā€™s really powerful and helps people create amazing 3D objects, materials and scenes. Babylon.js is primarily a game/rendering engine for the web. It can take in objects that were created in other creation tools (like blender) and render them on the web.

You can do some light creation with Babylon.js as well, but thatā€™s not its main purpose.

Both are incredibly powerful programs and together can bring amazing 3D content to the web!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Helps alot Sir @PirateJC ā€¦thanks so very much :blush:

1 Like

Thank you Babylon Team.
First, for the great framework that youā€™ve built. It is a pleasure to work with it and the last time a framework was so pleasant for me was ā€¦ i donā€™t knowā€¦ about 10-15 years ago.

Second, I saw that you managed to include us in your release video so I took the opportunity to share this as news on our blog and I hope more people from our network could learn about Babylon and join the community - BuildIn3D featured in the BABYLON JS 4.2 release video ā€“ Build in 3D

3 Likes