Babylonjs exporter - animations, export AnimationsOnly

Hi guys.

I am wondering how and why export animationsOnly exists in the exporter? Basically, it kinda indicates to me that you can export only animations, and later on add those animations to the mesh or something. Which would be something I am looking for.

For example, let’s say I have 3 files with 3 different animationGroups. I export animationsOnly and I get 3 files which I can load, basically I am loading those 3 animations (as separate files). I don’t quite see the use of that if I cannot somehow assign those animations later on to the mesh. But I am not able to do that for some reason, so that makes me think that’s not the purpose of this. So, some clarification would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi @nogalo

Basically, it kinda indicates to me that you can export only animations, and later on add those animations to the mesh or something.

That’s correct. Have you checked the AnimationGroup documentation. It has examples of assigning animations in animation group to meshes.

1 Like

Hello @nogalo just checking in, was your question answered? :slight_smile:

Hey. This task got delayed on my end. And I didn’t actually test it to see if this solves the problem. But I will come back to it at some point for sure. But I can mark this as solved, or you can close the thread if that’s the goal. Be free to act as you wish :smiley:

1 Like