BabylonJS MeshLine - a port of THREE.MeshLine

Docs updated.

2 Likes

Bro, you have to see this in motion :metal:

EDIT: Just tried this out on a Full HD monitor and it looks like shit comparing to the Macā€™s retina displayuā€¦ :frowning: even antialiasing doesnā€™t help itā€¦ look much better on a 4k monitor but the retina display is a miracle :smiley:

EDIT - FullHD screenshot - opaque mesh:

3 Likes

WoW, so cool. Already the screnshots look awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Couldnā€™t wait to do this:

Introducing a new powerful function in GreasedLineTools (draft)

GreasedLineTools.GetPointsFromText(text: string, size: number, resolution: number, fontData: IFontData, z = 0, includeHoles = true): number[][] 
4 Likes

OMG, I now have working PGā€™s and a complete doc with thumbnails. :yum: :smiley:
Did you actually just launch this ā€˜under the hoodā€™?
Just where are the cheerleaders, the annouce, the praise and the celebration? :metal: :rocket: :guitar: :champagne:

2 Likes

It was merged yesterday late afternoon and I was waiting when will it get compiled into the baylonjs package. Launch will comeā€¦ I promise, youā€™ll be the first notified :wink:

4 Likes

oh, it is available in 6.8.1 :wink:

3 Likes

Might beā€¦ but Iā€™m waiting on the announce from the team. Already that yours didnā€™t have to provide much efforts for it :grin: So, I expect the team to make this launch ā€˜BIG, BOLD AND BEAUTIFULā€™ :metal:. You can write it with greasedLines if you want; Shouldnā€™t be all too hard :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know whether there will be something like thatā€¦

i am pretty sure there will be :wink:

2 Likes

If Iā€™m still as good as I think Iā€™m in manipulating people :crazy_face: :zipper_mouth_face: ā€¦there just HAS TO BE :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And then more seriously, I believe your work and contribution :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: would deserve it. Of course, as always, my opinion only.

1 Like

If the text function gets merged today I could come up with something fancy :sunglasses::thinking:

Maybe @Deltakosh could lend a helping hand here again :vulcan_salute:

Thanks a lot!

I didnā€™t mean to put any additional pressure on you just before your holidays. In fact, honestly, I believe we could have waited a few more weeks after all this time and efforts. If itā€™s for polishing the launch. You get only one chance for a successful launch.
I can wait. I would wait. And if I can, the others also can :smile:
Getting a break is also important. Sometimes you have to allow time to heal your wounds and soul :beach_umbrella:ā€¦ and return even stronger :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Youā€™re right! You have the ability to get under peopleā€™s skin! :sunglasses: I am really touched by your words :heart_eyes_cat: I mean it, for realā€¦ Thanks man!

But itā€™s just another cool stuff BabylonJS will provide to itā€™s users. Let the team decide how will the release happen.

1 Like

merged. Will be available in 6.9.0

3 Likes

Oh yes! :beers:
Thank you!

1 Like

I was out when this happened :frowning:

@roland, let me tell you how incredible this contribution is !!! Congratulations !!! You just released our first big feature for Babylon 7 :slight_smile:

I will go through the docs and the PR despite being late to the party but really want to send beers your way.

Lots Of Beer GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

Mine always render with artifacts, I think somebody else was having that issue too. Any idea why its doing this?