.bakeTransformIntoVertices() not available on AbstractMesh?

Hi, I recently created this Playground scene with some help on another thread, but it’s not working when I try to use it in my dev environment on my local computer.

The issue is with lines 18 and 26. Specifically, I currently have the type on line 18 defined as {meshes}: any, so that .bakeTransformIntoVertices() on line 26 doesn’t throw the error in the second image below. However, I can’t set the type of the {meshes} variable to any on my local environment. I get this other error:

Removing the : any portion (demonstrated here on the Playground) creates an error message of the main issue:

I don’t want to update my local tsconfig file to simply allow the {meshes}: any workaround if it’s unsafe type practice. Why can’t I just call .bakeTransformIntoVertices() on an AbstractMesh? How should I approach this differently?

Thanks for reading!

meshes.forEach(mesh as Mesh => {
// ...
}

You can also test that you really have a mesh:

meshes.forEach((m) => {
    if (m instanceof Mesh) {
        m.bakeTransformIntoVertices();
    }
});

Note that you can have some InstancedMesh objects in the scene.meshes if you use instancing (and bakeTransformIntoVertices does not exist for instances), so simply casting as Mesh can be dangerous.

3 Likes

Works like a charm! Thank you for elaborating

@Evgeni_Popov you are on fire !!! thanks a lot for all your amazing answers !!!