Blender 2.8 and include lights for a specific collection only

As a long time Blender user, I have always been impressed with the babylon exporter created by @JCPalmer - his patience and persistence in getting it right. One of the features I was impressed with (pre-Blender 2.80) was the ability to assign lights to objects in specific layer and only that layer. by simply checking a box that said “this layer only”.The code generated by the exporter would then contain a parameter for the light like this for a simple street light:

“includedOnlyMeshesIds”:[“mitre_street.”,“mitre_door1”,“mitre_house_walls”,“mitre_pavement”,“mitre_walls1”,“mitre_windows1”]

But with Blender 2.8 layers were replaced by “Collections”, and while different lights can be assigned to different collections, I can find no equivalent to simply check a box that says" this collection only"

An example where I have found it useful - a house with 6 rooms each with its own light or a lighted street area where lights only illuminated parts of a neighbourhood.

Or have I missed something ?

cheers, gryff :slight_smile:

Bookmarked for later. Busy with something else right now.

You really are a busy guy Jeff :slight_smile:

I was thinking about you and wondering about you this last weekend for a completely different reason - to do with history. But more on that when I finish something :grinning:

cheers, gryff :slight_smile:

I see there is a block of commented out code from where this used to be done. I’ll see if it can be revived.

1 Like