Deciding between starter templates

Hey all,
somewhat new to BJS and I’d like to start a game project that targets mobile (ios/android) play as well as web.

From what i was able to gather there are a few methods to develop cross-platform

#1 - BabylonRectNative and the BabylonReactNativeSample repo inpatricular.

#2 Iocnic / Cordova - e.g Playground to Production - Fruit Fallin' | Babylon.js Documentation

between the two, which one should I pick for full fledged mobile apps (that can do web as well), with latest feature available?

It is important for me to have as many native mobile APIs available, and the capability to use editor generated packages in the project.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to the Babylon community! Since you’re aiming for a production application, I’d say to go the Ionic/Cordova way, as ReactNative is a newer project and there are still a few bugs that can happen with it. I’m also not sure if editor generated packages would be compatible with Native, what do you think @julien-moreau @bghgary @srzerbetto ?

Hello @badhezi , welcome to the BabylonJS community!

I agree with @carolhmj , right now the Iocnic / Cordova will give you a better compatibility with the web version of babylonjs (Babylon React Native is currently missing some feature parity, the full list of supported features in Babylon React Native can be found in the github page: BabylonJS/BabylonNative: Build cross-platform native applications with the power of the Babylon.js JavaScript framework (github.com))

The main target for Babylon React Native would be if you have already decided to use React Native in your project and you want to also use Babylonjs.

As for the generated packages I’m also not sure if that’s supported by Babylon React Native.

We have some documentation for helping you decide.

Multiple Platforms | Babylon.js Documentation (babylonjs.com)

Particularly, this link might be useful: BabylonNative/WhenToUseBabylonNative.md at master · BabylonJS/BabylonNative (github.com)

1 Like

Thanks all, this is very helpful :slight_smile:

Feel free to try my tool to convert your BabylonJS project to a native Android/iOS app online.

You will find the app here.

And the original topic and information here.