Gltf mesh with shader material

aaach…I think I get the point now! I was in a wrong loop for a long time. What I need is just the animation support from shaderMaterial(back to the title), not the light support! I need to make the vertex bone working, should not struggle with the lights in the scene…But it is still very interesting to learn about how the shaderMaterial works and how powerful Babylonjs it is. Perhaps it’s better for me just finish the vertex bone in my simple shaderMaterial then come back to this complicated light topic.

Just a small question, I see something about layered-Material in BabylonJs github, are we going to have a layered-Material? I’m making it with the shaderMaterial base on a very simple shader. It would be awesome when we will get a builtin one by Babylonjs.

Sounds like a great plan :slight_smile:

To your question: yes :slight_smile: soon! Here is the issue to track it: Create a node based system for material · Issue #6012 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub

1 Like

Hey,

Just for the end of this topic, the shaderMaterial works fine with the vertex bone! I can continue with other part of my project now…
https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#S8DWQL#10
just added the uniform for bones and changed the vertex shader, works fine!

Thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad it works!!! Thanks for your patience :slight_smile: