Google Chrome started firing pointerMove events for pointerDown

Chrome is at it again :face_with_raised_eyebrow: , suddenly today my custom context menu broke (on both stable and alpha), turns out chrome was firing pointerMove events with 0 movement, on pointerDown’s., (menu inits on pointerDown, opens fully on pointerUp, cancels on pointer movement)

see the bug here: (right-click anywhere on canvas)
https://playground.babylonjs.com/#RV2UMR

Chrome Version 74.0.3729.131

Not really babylon related of course, but maybe a check should be put in source?

Can you open a bug on crbug.com?

Done :slight_smile:
Will keep an eye out for their response

1 Like

Hi, any chance there is a workaround for this. I believe it is also causing issue with the normal functioning on Arc Rotate Camera on Chrome, Desktop as well as mobile.
May be we implement touch events instead of pointer ? Any change someone can point me in the right direction.

@aWeirdo: can you share the link to your bug? We can try to upvote it

I’ll try to find it when i get home, but it was classified as a OS related bug and merged with another bug report, so if it happens on mobile my guess would be that it’s unrelated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here it is; Issue 963024 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail

Also note, the pointerDown issue seemingly disappeared by itself, an related pointerUp issue (down, drag, release) still occurs.

You can try to check for movement before processing the pointerMove event,

if(evt.movementX === 0 && evt.movementY === 0){
  return;
}

I haven’t had any issues since :slight_smile:

1 Like