How to import a babylon file in Blender?

Hi All. I have installed a plugin for Blender to export the Babylon file. Do we have a plugin to import the Babylon file in Blender ?
_20210707154619

Nope, you could nevertheless try gltf export from babylon and import in blender ?

Hi senavan. The reason is that I only got the Babylon file. So I use sandbox export the glb file. but I got an error ‘utf-8’ when I import the glb file in Blender.

could you share the created glb ? it looks like it might be invalid

1 Like

I’m sorry to take so long to reply. The file is bigger than 100Mb. This link should work.

I think one possible reason is that the file contains characters in other languages

1 Like

Hmm, I’m not able to load that file in the Babylon sandbox. I also wasn’t able to convert it to .gltf format. Could you share the original .babylon file?

1 Like

Yup I guess the serializer does not handle UTF-16 or full 8 correctly. We should probably rely on textencoder whenever possible. But it will be easier to fix with a repro :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi DarraghBurke. this is original babylon file. Dropbox - scene3.rar - Simplify your life

@DarraghBurke ping me if you have difficulties with it :slight_smile: but as you are rockin the forum I figured you wanted this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey musk, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was sick yesterday so I couldn’t take a look at your issue. I am investigating now and will let you know what I find!

2 Likes

@sebavan is correct that there is a bug with exporting scenes to .glb when node names contain UTF-8 characters. We are not currently encoding the characters into binary format correctly. I have opened an issue on GitHub for this: Exporting to .glb when node names contain UTF-8 characters is broken ¡ Issue #10672 ¡ BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

I will try to have a PR for it in by today or tomorrow. Thanks for catching this bug! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for all you do. Hope you can get better soon :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hey Musk, the PR has just been merged in: Fix GLB export with characters that don’t fit into single UTF-16 code point by darraghjburke · Pull Request #10675 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

Are you using the NPM packages or the CDN? Either way, if you are on the latest version you should see the changes working pretty soon :slight_smile: Please let me know if you still have issues exporting to .glb and I will definitely take a look

3 Likes

You rock buddy! thanks a lot ! I’ll try it later

1 Like

Hey just wanted to follow up and confirm that your issue was resolved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes the sandbox works perfectly . :kissing_heart:
I use NPM to install babylonjs-inspector latest version. It doesn’t seem to have been updated yet.
The latest version is still 4.2.0

1 Like

You need to install the @preview version on npm to benefit from the latest features :slight_smile:

2 Likes