How will article 13 affect Babylon.js?

So article 13 just passed and I’m wondering how it will affect Babylon.js. Hopefully not at all, but I don’t know for sure.

Feel free to post what you are thinking about the topic.

To an apache licensed library, nothing. This microscopic forum does less than 10 million euros, is less than 3 years old, and less than 5 million unique monthly users. Nothing there too.

Use Github and Wikipedia as transfer station to store copyrighted 3D model or texture?

Cool!

I didn’t know that b.js had more than 5 mil unique monthly users. that’s kinda cool.

Less than 5 million do not mean 5 million users, and I think we are very far from 5 million.

Article 13 is about youtube and all the video sharing platforms, and Babylon has nothing to do with this article 13 which is open source.

Oh. my misunderstanding.

Everyone was like “article 13 is banning memes” but they are unaffected if I understand that correctly.

But what about the babylonjs.com main page? With all of the links to copyrighted projects. I guess they would be fine because they are asked if they would like them on there.

You know what? I don’t know where I was going with this. It sounds like we’ll be unaffected, which is good.

We should not be affected :slight_smile: