HTC Vive pointerDownAnimation breaked?

I’m on HTC Vive, Firefox last version, SteamVR last version, and it seems that the triggers on the controllers doesn’t works anymore.

I’ve the issue on my current project, and on the doc’ playground too: https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/index.html#0Y75BA#35 (clicking the Add More button doesn’t do anything).

In the end of december, trigger works fine on my project, but not now. Maybe it’s related to a SteamVR update?

[edit] same assessment with A-Frame A-Painter: can’t paint…[/edit]

This note seems interesting, isn’t it?

SteamVR Input:

Changed SteamVR Input to forget action manifest paths set by applications once quit. This fixes input issues in applications like COMPOUND when users opt-in to a test branch that supports SteamVR Input, then switch back to the legacy build. A side effect of this change is that SteamVR Input apps need to be running for the user to edit that app’s controller bindings. An update is in the works to fix this new issue

1 Like

Adding @trevordev for awareness

Thanks for the heads up, If it is broken in Babylon and aframe I would hope that firefox updates to restore the original behavior. I can test tonight with vive to see what the issue might be.

I’m not sure I remember the vive controller animating, from a quick look at viveController.ts I don’t see any code for this.

So, am I the only one having controllers keys not responding anymore?

Haven’t though about it: I just test to switch to SteamVR beta, some controls looks like come back

In Mozilla A-Frame Painter I’m now able to paint, but not to access to the tools.

Sorry for the delay, I tried and it seems to be working for me in Babylon. (Face button, trigger moving etc.) What version are you using, my firefox version is 65.0b10 (64-bit)

I’ve just redone some tests (still testing on the A-Painter from Aframe):

• SteamVR

• Firefox Quantum 64.0.2 (64b) : buttons do nothing
    • Firefox Developper Edition (65.0b10 (64b) : buttons do nothing
    • Firefox Nightly 66.0a1 (2019-01-14) (64b) : buttons work
  • SteamVR Beta

• Firefox Quantum 64.0.2 (64b) : buttons do nothing on one controller
    • Firefox Developper Edition (65.0b10 (64b) : buttons do nothing on one controller
    • Firefox Nightly 66.0a1 (2019-01-14) (64b) : nothing is shown on the scene :smiley:

Don’t know where it came from, but if it’s work on your side and nothing else have made similar report, it’s probably an issue on my computer.

ok, when I tested in a-painter I noticed the face button wasn’t working but in babylon it seemed fine, maybe the way a-frame handles input no longer works.