InputText keyboard does not pop up

Hi, I’m having some compatibility issues with inputText.

The keyboard pops up when you tap the input box in ios, but it doesn’t pop up when you tap the input box in Android.

I think it may be a compatibility problem. Can anyone help me out? Thank you.

This might be a input thing, cc @PolygonalSun

So when I tried to interact with a InputText object on my Android device using a basic InputText example (Babylon.js Playground), I got an alert prompt to come up where I could enter text and that triggered my keyboard. Are you able to repro your issue on the PG that I provided?

1 Like

I tried this on Android 12 One UI version 4.1 (Samsung) and it works as expected.

Hello, thank you very much for your answer. I have just used the PG you provided to demonstrate on my mobile phone, but the keyboard did not pop up. I have been wondering whether it is the compatibility problem of my mobile phone, and even wondered whether the soft keyboard can be used to realize the input function.

Hello, I’ve tried again, but it still doesn’t work. I’m using an Mi phone.

Excuse me, which version of Android is your phone? I use Android 9. Does inputText have any requirements on Android version?

So when I tried it, I was using an Android 12 phone as well. I spun up an Android 9 emulator and was able to get the keyboard to pop up. As far as I know, there should be no issue with most versions of Android (should be supported by Chrome Android version 12; current version is around 103). By any chance, are you using a browser other than Chrome or have some kind of custom keyboard?

2 Likes

Thank you very much. As you reminded me, I found that this is related to the browser I use.