Inspector TypeError when trying to list materials

Hi,
when I try to open the materials using the + button in the scene explorer, the scene explorer closes itself, and shows the following error (twice) in the console:

unpkg.com/babylonjs-inspector@4.0.0-alpha.26/babylon.inspector.bundle.js:51 TypeError: (e.name || ā€œā€).toLowerCase is not a function
at unpkg.com/babylonjs-inspector@4.0.0-alpha.26/babylon.inspector.bundle.js:31
at Array.sort ()
at Function.e.SortAndFilter (unpkg.com/babylonjs-inspector@4.0.0-alpha.26/babylon.inspector.bundle.js:31)
at t.render (unpkg.com/babylonjs-inspector@4.0.0-alpha.26/babylon.inspector.bundle.js:35)
at so (unpkg.com/babylonjs-inspector@4.0.0-alpha.26/babylon.inspector.bundle.js:51)
at lo (unpkg.com/babylonjs-inspector@4.0.0-alpha.26/babylon.inspector.bundle.js:51)
at ho (unpkg.com/babylonjs-inspector@4.0.0-alpha.26/babylon.inspector.bundle.js:51)
at Xo (unpkg.com/babylonjs-inspector@4.0.0-alpha.26/babylon.inspector.bundle.js:51)
at Ko (unpkg.com/babylonjs-inspector@4.0.0-alpha.26/babylon.inspector.bundle.js:51)
at Li (unpkg.com/babylonjs-inspector@4.0.0-alpha.26/babylon.inspector.bundle.js:51)

This only happens with the materials, everything else seems to work. Iā€™m using babylonjs alpha 26

Are you able to repro on the playground? Or also with an empty scene? I just built the latest on github locally and am unable to reproduce.

Sorry, the error was on my end, I set an array as the name of a material by mistake.

1 Like