Install babylonjs native

Hello @bghgary

I have been trying to build for my windows using cmake -A x64…but I get the following error

C:/Users/adene/Downloads/BabylonNative/Build" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

Try cmake -A x64 ..\
Since we ask for a build subfolder, we need to tell cmake that the parent folder is where our project files are.

1 Like
     NMake Makefiles

does not support platform specification, but platform

x64

was specified.

CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage

now i got this

I can’t reproduce these issues, but let’s make sure we have all the build dependencies installed. I’m assuming this is windows 10:

Is cmake for windows installed?
Is git for windows installed?
Have all git submodules been initialized?

Is visual studio 2019 installed with C++ development tools?
And is Python 3 installed and available from the command line?

2 Likes

finally got it working :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice! Have fun!

1 Like

@Drigax
also, I have these errors in android studio…ninja is installed, I made sure I was using pixel 2 API 27

FAILED: C:/Users/adene/Downloads/BabylonNative-master/BabylonNative-master/BabylonNative/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/libsquish.a 

cmd.exe /C “cd . && “C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe” -E rm -f C:\Users\adene\Downloads\BabylonNative-master\BabylonNative-master\BabylonNative\Build\Android_x86\Dependencies\bgfx.cmake\libsquish.a && C:\Users\adene\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\ndk\21.3.6528147\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\i686-linux-android-ar.exe qc C:\Users\adene\Downloads\BabylonNative-master\BabylonNative-master\BabylonNative\Build\Android_x86\Dependencies\bgfx.cmake\libsquish.a …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/squish.dir/bimg/3rdparty/libsquish/alpha.cpp.o …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/squish.dir/bimg/3rdparty/libsquish/clusterfit.cpp.o …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/squish.dir/bimg/3rdparty/libsquish/colourblock.cpp.o …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/squish.dir/bimg/3rdparty/libsquish/colourfit.cpp.o …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/squish.dir/bimg/3rdparty/libsquish/colourset.cpp.o …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/squish.dir/bimg/3rdparty/libsquish/maths.cpp.o …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/squish.dir/bimg/3rdparty/libsquish/rangefit.cpp.o …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/squish.dir/bimg/3rdparty/libsquish/singlecolourfit.cpp.o …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/squish.dir/bimg/3rdparty/libsquish/squish.cpp.o && C:\Users\adene\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\ndk\21.3.6528147\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\i686-linux-android-ranlib.exe C:\Users\adene\Downloads\BabylonNative-master\BabylonNative-master\BabylonNative\Build\Android_x86\Dependencies\bgfx.cmake\libsquish.a && cd .”
C:\Users\adene\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\ndk\21.3.6528147\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\i686-linux-android-ar.exe: …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/squish.dir/bimg/3rdparty/libsquish/singlecolourfit.cpp.o: No such file or directory
[18/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/bgfx.cmake/CMakeFiles/astc.dir/bimg/3rdparty/astc/astc_weight_quant_xfer_tables.cpp.o
[19/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/InfoSink.cpp.o
[20/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/IntermTraverse.cpp.o
[21/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/RemoveTree.cpp.o
[22/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/attribute.cpp.o
[23/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/Constant.cpp.o
[24/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/Initialize.cpp.o
[25/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/ParseContextBase.cpp.o
[26/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/Intermediate.cpp.o
[27/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/glslang_tab.cpp.o
[28/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/iomapper.cpp.o
[29/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/glslang/CMakeFiles/MachineIndependent.dir/MachineIndependent/ShaderLang.cpp.o
[30/139] Building CXX object …/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Build/Android_x86/Dependencies/glslang/SPIRV/CMakeFiles/SPIRV.dir/GlslangToSpv.cpp.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Adding @Cedric and @bghgary

@waverider404 I’m 90% sure it’s because of path length with Windows/Android Studio. Can you try to clone the repo in a short length named directory (like c:\BN instead of C:/Users/adene/Downloads/BabylonNative-master/BabylonNative-master/BabylonNative).
I had the same issue some time ago and enabling long path support in Windows didn’t help. I guess some path length is limited to MAX_PATH somewhere…

2 Likes

@Cedric

I finally got it to install on the emulator but now the app crashes with the following error

10:41 AM	Emulator: C:\buildbot\src\android\emu-master-dev\external\qemu\android\android-emugl\host\libs\Translator\GLES_V2\GLESv2Imp.cpp:glTexImage2D:3389 error 0x501

10:41 AM Emulator: sPrepareTexImage2D:3340 failed validation

Can you check your emulator opengl es 3 settings ?

1 Like

I guess the problem lies with my emulator not supporting gles3, so i tested it directly on my tablet and it works

1 Like

it seems babylonjs gui does not work in the native engine and also how can I disable anti-aliasing for optimisation purpose?

GUI doesn’t work yet but it will in the coming weeks. There is no easy way to disable AA. The flag in only set on the c++ side with no way to change it without a rebuild.

1 Like