Japanese Lamp and Babylon practice

Well this must come from another light:) Or from the IBL

Yup by default, shadows are occluding direct specular, it might be reflection from the IBL here and there are no easy ways to pull it out :frowning:

In fact the specular comes from a point light that I added in the scene, Vinc3r is trying to find a way to occlude it using the… Occlusion channel.
We were all focused about our classic way to work with lightmaps :slight_smile:

1 Like

So you could cast a shadow from it and to make it efficient (if directional shadow is enough) you can use shadowAngle, and direction to simulate a spot light shadow so not requiring a cube texture for the shadow.

Yep by playing with a playground we have notice that occlusion works well actually :slight_smile: https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#VM46Z7#5
I will do some tests using the lamp scene, to see if it’s possible to use lightmaps files both for lightmap and occlusion channel (in a tiny scene like this one, it’s not an issue to have multiple textures for one object, but when dealing with scenes using thousand of textures, we can’t afford using two textures per object for baked lighting).

2 Likes

Hi, the URL is invalid, what happened?

Which one ? The one in the latest message is looking good to me ?

Axeon Software has closed its doors, so all content stored in axeon.fr server is not available anymore.