[Job] 3D Engineering Manager position with Modsy in San Francisco

Hey y’all,

I’m hiring Modsy’s first 3D Engineering Manager to lead their growing team of engineers. This is a hands-on position based in their San Francisco office, reporting to the VP of Engineering. This is a great opportunity for a senior or lead engineer looking to take the next step in their career (but we’re open to managers fairly early in their careers as well), who enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, product and design folks, as well as of course mentoring and guiding your team.

Company: Founded in 2015, Modsy is a fast growing startup reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home.

Tech Stack: Our frontend is written in React and makes use of Redux. For our 3D web applications we use BabylonJS extensively. Our services are hosted in, and make heavy use of services provided by AWS, including: DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, EC2, ECS, RDS (MySQL), Cloudformation and more. Our backend is written in python, and our web APIs make use of both Django and Flask. We try to make heavy use of Feature Flags in our release process, and are constantly working on ways to make releasing code easier and faster for our engineers, while maintaining uptime.

Full benefits, really nice group of people to work with, and a ton of growth potential. To view the complete job posting and apply online, go to Modsy - Engineering Manager - 3D. If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at aimee.levens@modsy.com. Thanks!

PS - Sorry, no H1B, 1099 or remote. no staffing agencies

4 Likes

This is a great opportunity! I will tweet about it

If you have some examples of what your tool does we can feature them on our homepage as well :slight_smile:

Thanks so much. Check out https://www.modsy.com/#how-it-works under “design stories”. (I just did it myself and it’s eerily cool how they turned our room into an exact 3D replica then did multiple versions of ways we could decorate it, including links to all the items used with an extra discount). Also this is a good story of the work they’ve done as well: https://www.housebeautiful.com/room-decorating/bedrooms/a28187152/what-is-modsy/.

I’ve also cc’d the VP Engineering (and hiring manager), Mike Barrett, who I’m sure would be happy to go into more technical detail on how their engineers use Babylon.js beyond what’s in the job posting :slight_smile:

Appreciate the support!

Aimee Levens

Thanks Aimee! Hello everyone - David, it’s nice to meet you. In true manager fashion, I’m going to pass this off to someone far more talented and introduce Oleg Samus, our 3D Engineering Lead developer - he can give more flavor around how we use Babylon.js in our design tools!

1 Like

Fantastic! Pinging @PirateJC to add you on our page :slight_smile:

Hey! Happy to help promote this!

Sorry if I’m being dense, but I’m trying to find one of the 3D rooms on your website? Specifically a url? If I can get a url to one of these 3D rooms, I can post it on our community page here: Babylon.js: Powerful, Beautiful, Simple, Open - Web-Based 3D At Its Best

Thanks!

Ah, I think I see what you are asking now - you’d like something that shows more of a “behind the wheel” example of what a customer sees when they use the design service, right? Mike and Oleg - can you point them to a page on the Modsy website where there might be a more interactive example of how the product works (i.e. a sample room that someone can play around with and see the various designs/angles/etc.)? There’s a lot of partial examples on the blogs but maybe there’s somewhere I’m missing with a more robust example of the customer’s 3D experience.

thanks!