Missed breaking change

AbstractMesh was recently marked as abstract, so in TypeScript I’m unable to new AbstractMesh(...) anymore. I realize from the name of the class it maybe was likely never meant to be allowed. Was it intentionally missed to not add to breaking change notes? I’m well versed in OOP, so don’t need any explanation of why what I was doing was inherently wrong in the first place… I thought I would fix with TransformNode, but then we don’t get scaling/etc… It was easy to fix, but a bit unexpected. :smile:
Make AbstractMesh a real abstract class by bghgary · Pull Request #15160 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

edit: I’m wrong here, but keep reading. It shows how to quickly locate breaking changes in the changelog markdown.

We are deeply sorry about that. We forgot to mark the class as abstract
but you are right we need to document the breaking change (cc @RaananW )

1 Like

Hmm, I marked the PR as breaking change but it looks like the automated list of changes didn’t pick it up for some reason.

1 Like

it is - you are correct at least here: Babylon.js/CHANGELOG.md at master · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

• Make AbstractMesh a real abstract class - [Breaking Change] by bghgary (#15160)
1 Like

Oh right, the other I pointed to is just GitHub’s automatic change list which doesn’t know how to read our custom labels.

would be great to be sure it is also in the doc :slight_smile: Babylon.js docs or keep only one place with the list ?

Is this a manually edited doc? I wasn’t even aware of this page. :slight_smile:

Yes I added that recently :slight_smile: